Sunday 23 August 2009

A mixed week.

www.hairygoat.net

London Mystery Photography Tour

Just when I think I may have cracked the market, someone teaches me a lesson in humility. Saturday, Monday and Wednesday clients arrived, but then the other days were disappointingly empty. Though I still had more work to do than I can achieve, I'd much rather farm that out to someone one else and go for a meander around the city streets of London instead!

And hasn't the weather been sensational for quite a few days? Don't think about the occasional shower/storm, generally it's been great. Those of you who peer out the curtain and see a grey sky, and then crawl back into bed miss the fantastic opportunities of buildings with no shadows and reflections with no glaring light. And for those of you that decided a sleep-in was more important, you won't believe what the Thames looked like this morning, plus the shadows of the lamps on the PLA building were fantastic. Yesterday morning the Thames was like a glassy pond and the shine was intense. I can't help but stop and take photos.

And when the day is beautiful like today, well, what could be better than walking around for a few hours discovering the city of London in fine detail? On the weekend, there's hardly anyone else around and standing in the centre of the street isn't a hazard!

Someone turned up on my tour who kept me on my toes. This gentleman had been pretty much all over the city, more than once, so a quick revision of intended locations for the day was required..Fortunately I still managed to show him some sights/ sites, that he hadn't seen before.

A few clients recently have said that they are the "guinea pigs" for groups of friends and colleagues. If they like this tour, the others will all come. I can only say that if you wait too long to find out for yourself, I'll be broke and Hairy Goat will have closed down and you will have missed out on a great tour.

This week I had several gentlemen early in the week who intended to tell their international friends that "this is the tour you need to do when you visit London". All clients have wanted brochures to give to friends and colleagues. It's difficult to get people to write on a blog on my behalf and I have no intention of faking anything. So attached below are either comments that have been received either by email or verbally from some of my clients.

From Adam on 3rd Aug via email. Comments: Quick note to say thanks for the tour on Saturday. Very interesting and your knowledge of quirky London facts is impressive. Good luck for the future.
From Ian Riley on 26 July via email: I very much injoyed to tour last week. Thanks for your time and expertise
From Wajjid ( verbally) on 17 Aug: This is the tour I'm going to tell my friends to do when they visit London.
From David and Warren (verbally) on17 Aug: I've had the most wonderful afternoon and can you do a night photography tour?
From Kath and Tom (verbally) on 15 Aug: What your are offering is unique. There is nothing else like it. We're going to tell our friends that they need to do this tour and can we have some more brochures?
From Neil and Maurizio (verbally) 23 Aug: Keep it up as it's a great tour and in time it will be very successful and can you put our names down for a night time tour?

So, what are you waiting for?

No comments:

Post a Comment